Following the last article I wrote, I would like to share with you the steps for deploying Office 2016 Click to Run to your computers using SCCM.
As Microsoft already announced, in February there will be auto-upgraded of Office 2013 click to run to Office 2016, you have to be ready for that.
Make sure you have “Office 2013” ADMX file on your GPO.
If you don’t want this Upgrade you have to block the Upgrade possibility via group policy:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office 2013 (Machine)\Updates
Ok, so let’s start folks!
- Open a new folder on your C and call to the folder “Office 2016” grant full sharing permission to everyone
2. Download the “Office 2016 Deployment Tool” using the following link:
3. Extract the content to “Office 2016” folder you have been created.
You will see this:
4. Edit the XML file by right-clicking and open it in Notepad and add the share path of “Office 2016” folder to the “Add SourcePath”:
<Configuration> <"Add SourcePath=\\Deployments\Office2016" OfficeClientEdition="32> <"Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail”> <Language ID="en-us"/> </Product> </Add> </Configuration>
Hopefully, you haven’t forgotten my last article, you can add any value you want:
5. BTW, the source path value is just to download the CAB and office configuration files locally.
6. After you added any value you wanted, close the XML file and open CMD as Administrator and you the following command:
6.1. C:\Deployment\Office\setup.exe \Download configuration.xml
7. In few minutes Office folder will create on “SourcePath” , you may see this:
Now you can edit the XML file again and delete “SourcePath” line, the XAL should be like this:
<Configuration> <Add OfficeClientEdition="32"> <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"> <Language ID="en-us"/> </Product> </Add> <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> </Configuration>
8. Open the SCCM server and create a new Application
8.1. “Manually specify the application information”
“Content-Location” > Office 2016 path as NetBIOS path
Installation Program: setup.exe \configure configuration.xml
In the Setting Type list, select Registry.
In the Hive list, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
In the Key box, enter the following text: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\O365ProPlusRetail – en-us
Select the Use (Default) registry key value for detection check box.
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\O365ProPlusRetail – en-us