SCCM error 0x800b0109

And the last step was deploying the update, but during deployment, we got this  got the following error: 0x800b0109

Hey guys,

This week I tried to deploy Google Chrome update using SCCM, it was a very critical update which’s also recommended for you as, get some information about this update:

Google Chrome update:  71.0.3578.98:
https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2018/12/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_12.html

We had two simple steps for deploying this update, First, we’ve created a simple query which shows us the Google Chrome version less then 71.0.3578.98, –Here is the relevant query:

select *  from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64 on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.DisplayName = "Google Chrome" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS_64.Version < "71.0.3578.98"

Second, we created a collection based on this query.

And the last step was deploying the update, but during deployment, we got this  got the following error: 0x800b0109
In order to fix it, we suppoe to enable the following GPO “Allow signed content from intranet Microsoft update service location” and the update will be installed successfully.

Juat wanted to share it in a case you are facing the same error.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

In the news
Load More